I thank God for the many experiences He has given me. For His great and wonderful love – that motivates me to do the same to others.
Let us explore this particular word: Motivate
For what purpose? For us to see how it should be used and when.
🙂 (Yes, I am an informal writer)
: to give (someone) a reason for doing something
: to be a reason for (something)
: to give or be a reason for doing something Prizes motivated him to join the contest
As defined by Dictionary.com:
- He was able to inspire and motivate others to acts of courage—as great leaders must.
- His subsequent inability to get equal time with his children fueled a passion that continues to motivate him years later.
- If the charges amount to a negotiating ploy, that could backfire and motivate Democrat supporters to protest.
- When someone at work annoys you, turn the envy back on yourself and use it to motivate yourself.
- But if it appears that it will motivate chiefly voters on the other side, it can and should wait.
- The essential thing about value is that it motivate our conduct.
- These problems may then motivate you to enter individual therapy.
- He had felt it before, but the feeling was strong enough now to motivate action.
- Any sort of desire or need, left unsatisfied in the day, may motivate a dream.
- Such a case appeals to us especially fitted to motivate the creation of projection formations.
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
- What was the encouragement all about?
- What is it that Apostle Paul is asking them to do?
- What was their situation then?
New Living Translation
You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.
I have written and sent this short letter to you with the help of Silas, whom I commend to you as a faithful brother. My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God’s grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.
- What was the encouragement about from this letter of Apostle Peter?
- What is is that the early Christians are experiencing then?
May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.
- When you learned of someone in your group having trouble, what did you do?
- When you learned of someone struggling – and do not even have something to buy for lunch, what did you do?
But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value.