Everything is anchored on Faith, Hope, and Love.
New International Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
New Living Translation
The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
English Standard Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Yes, that includes everything you have now, and what is coming to you.
The devil would steal it, kill your hope, destroy your faith, and the love you have and find a way to prevent you from receiving.
They will STEAL
- anything you have now – if you are not careful to be on guard.
- anything that you expect to have.
- your faith. your hope. the love you have. Who you place these 3 would matter a lot.
They will KILL
- YOU, if you are not careful to stay in the protection of God.
- your faith. your hope. your love. That would include the people you love. You better include them in the canopy of God’s protection.
They will DESTROY
- anything we want to build or have already established anchored on faith, hope and love.
- our established reputation – where our hope is
- our established friends – where our heart is
- our established faith – where we found the truth
- our established relationships – where we found love, where we give and receive.
Hence, it’s best to put all our faith, hope, and love in Jesus, our Lord! Even the things we hope for, and the people we love! Put them all in the canopy of Jesus’ Christ. Let the Lord Jesus be in each of these things. But…
The first part of the verse should not just be our main focus in this verse. The second part has an even greater message to all of us. It’s something we all would want.
A rich, abundant, satisfying life! This is the Lord’s will for us! This is the same will for us that we should desire to have and receive from Him! – A rich, abundant, and satisfying life!
Yes, this very thing we wanted can be stolen away from us even before they come. Yes, our hope may even be killed as we wait. We just have to understand that the Lord is powerful. Greater is He that is within us that he that is in the world! So indulge in faith! Move mountains! Hope for bigger things! Love much! Know that the Mighty Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is the one in us – and He is God!
Worry is a choice. Choose God!
By MAR @5-March-2017